- Silicone Water Repellent
- Personal Care
- Agricultural Adjuvant
- Textile Auxiliaries
- Functional Finishing Agent
- Silicone Softener
- RUISIL RJ-3028 Soft and Smooth Finishing Agent
- RUISOFT Silicone Softener RJ-8036B
- RUISOFT RJ-8036 Smooth Elastic Silicone Oil
- RUISOFT RJ-8034 Hydrophilic Silicone Oil
- RUISOFT RJ-8061 Soft Smooth Silicone Oil
- RUISOFT RJ-8062 Super Hydrophilic Silicone Oil
- RUISOFT Silicone Softener RJ-8016B
- RUISIL RJ-3030 Slipping Agent
- RUISIL RJ-3050 New Type Hydrophilic Finishing Agent
- RUISIL RJ-3053 New Type Soft and Silky Finishing Agent
- RUISIL RJ-3055 Super Soft Hydrophilic Micro Silicone Emulsion
- RUISIL RJ-3057 Bath Softening Agent
- RUISOFT KHS
- Hydrophilic Silicone Softener QSS
- RUISOFT RJ-8016A
- RUISOFT RJ-8016C
- RUISOFT RJ-8061A
- Silicone Antifoam Emulsion
- Silicone Micro/Macro Emulsion
- Raw Material of Silicone Oil
- Pump Oils
- Silane Coupling Agent
- Silicone Fluids
- Silane Crosslinking Agent
- PFPE Oils
- Silicone Rubber
- Silicone Intermediate
- Synonyms List
- CAS Index
Hydrophilic Silicone Softener QSS※MSDS Download Be Without TDS Download Inquiry
RUISOFT QSS is a linear block silicone copolymer,with quat, polyether functional groups and other traditional chemical entities. RUISOFT QSS delivers a hydrophilic,soft and voluminous hand to all kinds of fabrics,but is particular suitable for natural fiber and yarns. After the treatment of RUISOFT QSS, the fabric still maintain their original hand characteristics, of which amount is less than other traditional softener.
Features and Advantages
Provides soft and voluminous hand feel
Moderate smoothness,nature feel,not oily
Increases the hydrophilicity of synthetic fiber
Easy to emulsify, good emulsion stability
Excellent chemical stability,can resist high temperature, salt, PH and high shear
Causes little yellowing and color change of white or light color fabrics
NO APEO, environmentally
Colorless to slightly yellow liquid
Solid content, %
Viscosity (mpa.s, 25℃)
RUISOFT QSS can be used for all kinds of fabrics. But the best performance will be achieved when applying to following fibers, such as cotton, cotton blends, wool, wool blends, viscose, rayon, acetate and polyester woven.
RUISOFT QSS should be emulsified before applying in textile finish process. It is easier to be emulsified than other traditional silicone oil for textile softener. Normal equipment and emulsifier can meet the requirement.
RUISOFT QSS can be applied by padding and impregnation finishing. The emulsion is extreme stable in a wide PH range, high temperature or high concentrations of salts. Also, it will not stick to rollers. As a result, RUISOFT QSS can be used in special conditions.
Because of its cationic structure, RUISOFT QSS has limited compatibility with anionic auxiliaries. Compatibility tests should be carried out before it is used together with other chemicals.
Formulation (20% emulsion)
RUISOFT QSS 23.5g
Tridecyl Alcohol 6 EO Ethoxylate 5g
Acetic acid 0.3g
Water 70.2 g
1. Add RUISOFT QSS and emulsifier in the container, start to stir for 5-10 minutes.
2. Premix acetic acid and water.
3. Slowly add the acidic water while continuously stirring mixture in the container. Stop adding the acidic water occasionally to ensure the water is well taken into the grease.
4. Clear micro-emulsion should be obtained at end of this procedure
10 ~ 30g/l
5.0 ~ 6.0
5.0 ~ 6.0
20~ 30 min
160 °C for 2min
160 ºC for 2mi
The products are subjected to the form of micro-emulsion,following the proportion of oil around 20% in the emulsion. The samples are applied in concentrations of 25 grams per liter on cotton.
Salt resistant stability
To realize the salt resistant stability test we use 10g/l Na2SO4 and 20g/l RUISOFT QSS in 200ml bath. The following pictures are the results of the test.
After 3 hours of heating,
QSS is opacity,
but no oil floating
Shear resistant stability
To realize the shear resistant stability test we use 0.5g/l Na2CO3, 1g/l Na2SO4, 0.1g/l reactive dye and 50g/l RUISOFT QSS in 200ml bath. The stirring speed is 2000r/min,and the temperature is 50℃. The following pictures are the results of the test.
No silicone oil droplets or silicone residue are observed